11.11.2010

Two truths. One post.

I skipped yesterday because I saw someone who reminded me of someone and it made me have a crappy afternoon. One person shouldn't affect me like that, but it is what it is. I'm working on it. Promise! *sticks out pinky*

On to the business at hand!

Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
          I've been thinking about this one. It's really not as easy as I expected. I was like, "Hey! That's easy! Jacob!" He's my nephew. That little man is the light of my life. I remember the day he was born, the first time he laughed and it felt like my heart exploded, the first time he said "Kim Kim". He is the only man that will ever hold my whole heart. Sometimes, he's bad as hell, but when he hugs me and says, "I love you, Kim Kim." or "I missed you, Kim Kim." My heart just melts into a big gooey puddle.
          Then I thought, "My old friends, new friends, future friends I have yet to meet. Everyone I've ever encountered in my life, or may encounter at some point..."
          Then I decided, "Myself." I'm a great person with a lot of potential. I have to do things in life for myself, not for others and what they might think of what I'm doing. I've been recently given a chance at a "do-over" of sorts, and it's time for me to really live my life. Live it the way I want to live it. It's past time...
That seemed like a crazy tangent. I dunno. I get all distracted in my head with things like this, and stuff gets all jumbled up.

Day 8: Someone who has made your life hell or treated you like shit. 
          Honestly...I can't say there has been anyone who has made my life hell. I've been treated badly several times in my life, and I'm sure there will be people who treat me badly again. 
          You know what, though? I'm trying to make positive changes in my life, and I'm not going to dwell on it so much. If someone wants to treat me like shit, they don't deserve to know me or be in my life.
          I have to stand up for myself from here on out. If I don't take care of me, who will?

I've got a lot of things on my mind of late, but I haven't felt like writing them here. I'll probably start carrying around my notebook again. Fill it with more chicken scratch, I have to deal with these things and move on.

I'm taking a hiatus from Facebook because I spend too much time on there as it is, and it's making it harder for me to cope with some things that are going on. Usually when I take a leave of absence, it's for a couple of days, maybe a week. This time, I'm going for longer....I plan to go back at some point, but I might not.

Facebook is a great networking tool. It's awesome for keeping in touch with family and friends that you don't get to see often. It's a huge time-suck. And my feelings get hurt when people don't talk to me. Yes...I said it. Bite me.

But it's not about that...it's about needing to "man up and move on"...and it needs to be done without having certain stuff in my face all the time. 

Anywho, I'll continue to post here. (And I still promise that it will get more interesting at some point. Just bear with me, please. Take my word, it's not as bad as the first blog I created that started out pretty good and then the last 35 out of 41 posts were about the same damn shit over and over... If it gets that bad...shoot me. Please.)

Hey! At least there are cute cupcakes that I slaved over! (...in Paintshop with my less-than-stellar skills...)

See?!

1 comment:

Decorate a cupcake!