11.14.2010

I wish you heartache that leaves you more of a man...

I have a new follower! Yippee! Hello, Natalie! (Is there an art to being single? We can all learn as we go along.) I hope you find something here to entertain you! ^.^

Yesterday, I went with Mom to a baby shower. Weirdest. Baby. Shower. Evarr. But the daddy-to-be was effing HOTTT!

Also, got two new sweaters. Every time I have to go to some sort of dressy-style function, I have to get new clothes....I'm never satisfied with what I have. Pair that with the 30 lbs I've lost, I kinda sorta need new clothes. I hate shopping for clothes, but I love my new sweaters. So...yay for that!

Last night I went to Wal-Mart for hair color and engine oil...because that's just the kind of girl I am. Haha! I ran into a guy I've known for ages. He and my brother were always best friends in school. He told me I looked pretty. It made me feel nice, because he wasn't "obligated" to say it, and he had no ulterior motives. His fiance was standing right there. I smiled the rest of the night. It's the simple things that make me happy.

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you on the most.
Not the best pic of color.  Cloudy day.
          Probably my hair. It can be both the bane of my existence or my crowning glory. It's pretty frizzy when it's au naturel, but if I take the time to fix it, it's pretty awesome. My fave is when I have time to curl it with a curling iron.
          My poor hair has been thru a lot in it's twenty-six years on my head. Perms, bleach, straightners, blow dryers, colors, rinse & repeat. I've done just about everything to my hair that can be done to it. If I were it...I would have abandoned me long ago.
          I've been trying to be more gentle with it lately...I only blow dry in the mornings before work, and I don't used heat styling tools much...also, I go days without brushing it. And it cracks me up when people are like, "Your hair looks so nice. What did you do to it?!" And I'm like, "Err....nothing? I didn't even brush it today." Haha! 
Speaking of...I did color it today. Twice. *winces* But...see...here's the deal. I L-O-V-E red hair. LOVE! And my hair is naturally a light-ish brown, perhaps...I don't really remember. It's been a looooooong time since I've seen it other than in pictures. Anyway, when it grows out, my roots are lighter than the rest of my hair. So, when I re-color, I always get "hot roots". They are so much brighter than the rest of it..and I can't stand that weird color gradient I get from root to tip.


So, today, I had a brilliant idea. I put a dark burgundy on from my scalp to about mid-shaft. (Haha! I said "shaft". --Yes...I'm 12. =P) I left it on for 20 minutes and then pulled through to the ends right before I rinsed it out. It was a gorgeous color, but I wanted something brighter!


Later on this evening, I put a different color on, and it turned out PERFECT! No "hot roots" in sight! Yes! And this color I use, by Feria (L'Oreal), it's a "power red"....it will SHINE like whoa in the sunlight. I'll try to get a picture on the morrow to share.


This...was not exciting, and I apologize...but I must get to bed. I already don't want to go back to work tomorrow... Go figure.


I hope you lovelies had a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to be following Kimmie. Your hair does look fabulous!

    Makes we want to make a little more effort. I've possbily had the same hair style since I was 12, y'know just long and hanging there. But I feel naked without my security blanket and it's good to flick when annoyed or attempting to flirt!

    ReplyDelete

Decorate a cupcake!