11.21.2010

Travels, Truths & Face Melting...Oh My!

Awesome weekend! Traveled to South Louisiana, spent the weekend with awesome folks, drank a lot, laughed even more, and even managed to get a few hours of sleep.

I got a chemical peel. That shit hurts! My face felt like it was melting O-F-F! (Granted...it was acid...on my skin...so I guess that's what it's supposed to feel like?) The girl put the stuff on my face and it immediately started tingling. I would liken it to that tingle lotion that people use in the tanning bed. (Remind me to tell you that story..) I was like, "Oh, that's not so bad. Just a bit uncomfortable...", but it got increasingly more uncomfortable....and I looked at her and was like, "Soooo....that does not feel good." She's all, "That's just the first application." What?! The first?!!! I don't think I can handle anymore! Agck!

So I manage to live through a second application, even though, at this point I'm scared that my skin is about to start bubbling up off of my face. After the fact, it feels like a sunburn. My face is all tight and dry. I have to wear sunscreen every day (which I do anyway because it's in my moisturizer..), and my skin is going to start flaking off...but, hopefully I'll have nice new younger looking skin by the end of the week. (Also, I will never do this again. Just FYI..I'm not sure who invented that shit...but it's ridiculous.)

Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.
          I could definitely live without drama in my life. I've had my fair share. I've probably caused my fair share. I definitely prefer a drama-free lifestyle. There's not a lot of explanation necessary for this one. "Leave your drama with the llama." (I'm sure you've heard the phrase "drama llama"... I've always wanted a llama statue outside my front door with a sign around his neck.)

Okay...here's the tanning bed story...I used to lay in the tanning bed. I tended to be rather impatient and couldn't just work my way up to a nice tan. I usually ended up lobster red. One day I thought I'd try some of that tingle lotion. I slathered that shiz all over me. I was red and my skin was swollen before I ever even got into the tanning bed. (This should have been a warning...sometimes I'm an idiot.)

I laid for about 5 minutes and my ears started ringing, so I got out. They were ringing so loud I could barely hear my friend when she was trying to talk to me. I told her I'd put that lotion on and she was like, "Shower, cold water, soap, NOW!"

I remember standing in the bathroom looking in the mirror and my face was so red. I turned and looked at her and said something about how red it was and when I looked back in the mirror, I was white as a sheet. Then I passed out.

I was only out for a few minutes (if that long), but it seemed like forever. When I came to, I got in the shower and I didn't think I was ever going to get that shit off of me. My nipples were so hard they were hurting for the rest of the day. (They were crispy! LOL!)

After that little incident, I didn't lay in the tanning bed for years, but one day I decided I was ready again. I was just going to lay for about 10 minutes and I didn't use any lotion or anything. I was in there for 3, and my heart started racing. I shut that shit off, and I haven't been back in there since. I'll take my day-glo whiteness over a nice tan anyday. Thank you very much!

Day 17: A book you've read that changed your views on something.
          I love to read!! However, I don't know if I've read anything that changed my views on anything. I mostly read for fun...not really learning. 
          I thought about reading the Koran once...I stayed at a hotel that had one in the drawer. I wanted to take it home with me and read it, but my ex-husband wouldn't let me. He's a stick in the mud. That could have been an interesting read. Perhaps, one day, I'll get to.

Some of these truths are not fun...This weekend, I had some interesting truth conversations. Apparently, alcohol does that. Haha! (That's a story for another time, perhaps.) 

Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
          If it feels good, do it. I dunno... I don't really care. It's not hurting anyone. I think people deserve to be happy. And if someone of the same sex makes them happy, so be it. I have several people in my life that are gay, some of them are married...and you know what? I love them just as much as I love the straight people in my life.
          I think it's unfair for the government to try and tell people who they can and can't be with. The government tries to control too much shit anyway. They don't pay attention to the important things.   
I bought some new perfume today. Dolce & Gabbana. It was expensive, but I was completely out of perfume, and I technically only spent $7 more on it than I would have the other perfume I was thinking of buying. I deserve nice things...and I'm gonna smell delicious! (I might even get over the severe buyer's remorse at some point.) >.<
 
Another night shot for your viewing pleasure. (I hope you like eet!)

My face is terribly uncomfortable and itching (it's probably about to start peeling off O.o)...and I'm sleepy, but I think I'm gonna try to go catch up on my bloggers.

I do love you so.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! My face is still attached. Uncomfortable, but attached. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Decorate a cupcake!