11.05.2010

30 Days of Truth--Take 2

Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
          I kind of hate this one. I've been trying to think of something I love about myself. I know there are things to love, but it's hard for me to think about or point out. I dunno. I've always felt like that would make me seem vain or something. I mean...I guess I could say I love my smile, even though it's full of tiny teeth that are almost smaller than those of my 4 year old nephew. I have big full pouty lips that are pretty damn sexy! Haha!
          I could say I love my big doe eyes that are technically hazel, but most people only ever see them brown. They turn green when I cry. No lies. This isn't about all that, though....right? I dunno.
          I love that I have a way of making people comfortable. I don't know how I do it, but more than one person in my life has told me that I'm comforting. That when they talk to me, they just suddenly feel at ease and they feel like they can be themselves. They have told me that I have a way with words...I always seem to know the right things to say. (This makes me happy because most of the time, I feel like a blundering fool...it's good to know I'm not always coming across that way.) 
          So...I guess I love that I can make others feel comfortable in their own skin...even if all I want to do is crawl out of mine. 
I'm always hard on myself. I tend to point out the bad before the good...as, I suppose, most people do. These are hard...and after looking ahead at the list, it seems they may only get harder. However...perhaps by the end of this "exercise", I'll know myself more...and I'll be a little more accepting.

Good job! Time for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Decorate a cupcake!