3.09.2011

Control Yo'self.

Psst...Hi. *waves*

It's Ash Wednesday. Now, I'm not a Cat-lick (well...all the time...), but one of my supervisors is. Today, we were discussing what he was going to give up for Lent. He said he thought he'd give up work. Forty days without work?! Hell yes! I'm in!

No...really...you can't give up work... You have to give up something you love. (Okay. So, perhaps some people could give up work. Not this girl.) For example...if you were Lorraine, you'd give up Zebra Cakes! (That'd be dreadful!)

As I stated previously, I'm not Catholic; however, Buddy decided we should all give up something for Lent. Catholic or not, to exercise our self-control.

Oy. (O.o)

Buddy gave up soft drinks. I guess he's just gonna drink the hard stuff for 40+ (The other girls are saying 47, supposedly they counted.) I can't give up soft drinks because I don't drink them as it is. Perhaps I should have given up Tequila... >.<

Tammy's giving up chocolate. I'm not sure this is technically fair because she's been cutting back anyway at the "suggestion" of her doctor. I would give up chocolate, but I'm not terribly addicted to the stuff. I mean...I like chocolate, but I can either take it or leave it. I need to go more broad spectrum.

I gave up sweets altogether. I need to do this, and the way I see it, if I make it the full 40(+?) days...I'm good to go. However...this means (dun dun dunnnnn!!!) cupcakes too. :( I love cupcakes, as you well know.  

All kinds. ;)

So, I've been trying to figure out a way around this. The way I see it, I can make cupcakes for other people, they just can't make them for me. Oddly enough, I'm totes okay with this. So...the world can be at peace. Heh!

When did I start saying "totes"?!

------------------------------------------
In other news:

There's a cupcake shop, somewhat near me, called Gigi's. There's this cupcake that looks just like one I saw in a dream a few days ago. No shit! It's called "Grasshopper". And it looks d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s!!! Of course...I love chocolate and mint together. Apparently not a lot of people do? (Not sure what's wrong with these yahoos....)

As soon as Lent is over with, I'm going to get some of these! Cupcake road trip!!!! I wish I could order them and have them shipped here, but I can't. They don't ship out, as of yet. Booo...

I'm going car shopping...you know...to take my mind off of cupcakes.
I love you, little sprinkles!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back Kimmie! I went AWOL as well! There must have been something in the air . . . But we're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was sick for a bit, and I just don't feel like doing much of anything when I'm sick. Then it's hard to get back into the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give up... Give up... I can't even say it. It'd be certain death. Good thing I'm not even a little Catholic. :)

    Also, that cupcake? HOLY YUMMY. I love chocolate and mint together. It's one of my favorite combos. Send me one? okaythanksbye

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M not even a little Catholic...anymore... Lol! The closest I've ever been was because my ex husband is Catholic.

    I seriously can't wait to try one of those chocolatey mint cupcakes!!! Mint & Chocolate are my faves together. (Ice cream! Yum Yum!) I just might send you one, if it passes my inspection...wouldn't want you to have a non-yummy cupcake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Decorate a cupcake!