12.28.2010

I'm ashamed.

I know...I disappeared again. I'm going to give a "brief" run-down of what's been going on in my life during my absence...then I'm going to blather about something that's been on my mind for a while...

One of my best friend's got married in New Orleans.  I went down the night before, and the whole wedding party stayed in this really nice home they rented for the night.  We had to be up hella early the next morning after partying all night to be fully dressed and made up on the cruise ship by 10:30. The bride was the only one allowed to get ready on the boat. I was stressing, but everything went smoothly.

First dance as Mr. & Mrs. Daniel Lee <3
The wedding was beautiful. I cried...like I always do at weddings...but it seemed a little different this time...This was a day we had talked about for ages...we all new it would be an emotional event.

Her grandfather walked her down the aisle and from the second I saw them coming, I felt my eyes stinging. The groom cried when he saw her. She was stunning. Her dress was GORGEOUS!

We partied for a few hours, did the
Cupid Shuffle a couple of times, the Electric Slide, even got in a slow dance with the hot best man (even though he waited to ask me until I had changed into my jeans, tshirt, & neon pink chucks....he dug 'em. Hah!), then non-cruising guests had to get off the boat.

We departed and I hit the interstate headed to the camp. My first time at the Greer Homestead was so much fun! We hung out on the big front porch, drank a little (some of us a little more than others *cough cough* ), and listened to some good ol' music picked out by Catfish (guitar), JC (guitar), Boudreaux (washtub bass- yes! It was awesome!), & Ray (deer horns...Haha!). You can find some of it on YouTube if you look in the right place...My brother has the best laugh in the world. I love him.

Boudreaux, Ray & Catfish--Front Porch Gettin' It
I love all of my new little family! I can't wait to go back to the camp again. Next time for longer than one night... I can't wait until I get some more vacation time after the new year. I need to take some pictures around that place. There's bound to be some haunts floating around. It's been around since 1863....That's been a while for those of us that can't count...

Yum!!
I had a birthday during my absence. I'm 26...gawd...I'm like the crypt keeper!! My mom, grandma, and I went to eat at La Fiesta and I had a few margaritas...and a super-sized shot of Patron, courtesy of Hector... I love you Hector!

Even if you don't know what sopapilla means... *giggle*

There was an epic party held in my honor on the Saturday before my birthday. My new sweet little family was there...and that 17 year old from a previous party...I think it's decided he'd not be allowed back after this one...Though I swear I did not ask him anything inappropriate...In fact, I apologized profusely for my behavior the first time!

There was an inappropriate amount of licking & biting that went on...I woke up with bruises..and I'm not even sure WHY. I mean...I remember what happened, but not why....

Also...the people at said party now salute me for supporting our troops...yes...I'm classy like that...

My sister made me the most AWESOME cupcakes in the history of cupcakes!  See pictures below! Best birthday cupcakes EVAR!
Homemade purple icing!

Homemade teal guts!
Christmas came & went while I was away...I spent Christmas Eve night with my brother & his family. Watched Jake prepare a plate of cookies for Santa and then stayed awake until after midnight waiting for Santa to come and put out all the toys.

Ray woke me up early the next morning to tell me "Santa came! Santa came!" and that the grands were on their way down to wake the boys up to open presents. It was nice. Jake got a new rifle..and once he spotted it on the gun rack above his daddy's head...he was barely interested at all in the rest of his gifts.

Later in the day, I was invited to my sister-in-law's grandparents house for lunch. There was so much delicious food I thought I was going to die. Granny's dressing is the bomb-diggity! We hung out there forever just visiting. It was nice to not have people rushing to come in and eat and leave like it always is with our family get-togethers.

Moe & Boudreaux showed up and then we all went back to Ray & Cara's as has become our norm. This time, however, there wasn't an excess of drinking. In fact, I drank nothing alcoholic...and I'm not sure that anyone else did...maybe a couple of BL's...I dunno... No one got trashed. Sunday, Ray & Cara went shopping for a new TV and left the "kids" at home....all of us! During nap time, Boudreaux, Moe & I piled up in the floor and cuddled. Don't tell the others, but those kids are my favorites.

I finally came back home and called in sick the next day...because I really was...I'm trying to get better. I want to be well before New Year's Eve...just in case anything good gets to happen. I've been guzzling OJ. I've almost drank a whole bottle of Sunny D this afternoon...by myself...wow...

Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas! I wish you all a Happy New Year!

...and stay tuned...

I'm about to start on the "other stuff" that's been on my mind. I just feel like it deserves it's own post.

Also...I haven't forgotten (even though it's well past day #30) that I haven't finished my 30 Days of Truth.

Have a less-than-stellar-after-the-ones-my-sister-made cupcake!

1 comment:

  1. Hiiii!!!

    Actually...I hate weddings. Lol! In fact, at my own, the whole time I was walking down the stairs to meet my dad, I was like, "I hate weddings! I hate weddings! I hate weddings!"

    Pssh! I know 26 isn't old...neither is 41!! I just remember being 12, still. Haha! And thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Decorate a cupcake!