4.27.2011

On cowards

How can one use the phrase, "not the forever kind of love" and then go back?

I understand not wanting to hurt someone...and I understand hurting when someone you love is hurting...but if you can consciously say that you love them, but it's "not the forever kind of love", and not break things off, you are hurting someone...even if it's just you.

Don't get me wrong. I would rather hurt myself than be responsible for hurting someone else, but that's being a coward...and there are definitely times in my life when I've been the coward. As much as I would like to say otherwise, I will likely be a coward again.

It's almost always easier said than done. I can admit that too.

I dunno...I'm one of those girls that tends to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders...and I feel an insane amount of pain for the people I care about. Sometimes, I wish I could grab them by the shoulders and shake them until they get it...but that's not the way it works.

Life is too short to be a coward...and definitely too short to be unhappy.

Just live.

I almost fell...but instead...I was the coward 
and said the things I knew would stop me...
doesn't make me care any less.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure the root of this post, but it's darn good. And I couldn't agree with you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recent life experiences and such. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is in a nutshell my last major relationship. It's been a while since that, but it really was a doozy. And the funny thing is, we were both cowards, and we ended causing more damage that way.

    I see you said you still didn't try that awesome cupcake from a while back. This would be a good time to indulge. ;)

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I wish I could make some people understand...unfortunately...until they make up their mind, they won't listen to anything. *sigh*

    :) I do need to get over there and try that yummy looking cupcake! They also have a margarita cupcake...the icing has tequila and triple sec in it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Decorate a cupcake!