1.04.2011

New Year. New Rules.

Remember how I said I was gearing up for this huge post about something that's been on my mind?

I was going to write about this 13+ year friendship that managed to dissolve into nothing after I left my husband and said friend decided to be more "loyal" to him. Perhaps loyal isn't the correct word...I dunno...They were friends. They're still friends. We were friends. Now we are not.

Please understand...I have no problems with them being friends. I might have at one time, but by the time I made up my mind that I was leaving, I had long since been over it. Even the day I left, I sent him to talk to her because he hadn't had anyone to talk to, and I didn't think that was fair. I really can be a nice girl.

I'm just going to say this much: If the tables were turned...I would have made an attempt to contact you and see how you were doing...before I knocked on the door and spent the night at your husband's house, a week after you moved out.

I'm just sayin'...

I've decided to take Tupac's advice and "Move the fuck on." Really, I already have...people just keep asking me about our friendship lately for some reason. Those people don't read this blog (that I know of), so addressing it here really has no point.

As I've stated before, this is the year for living...not in the past, but in the moment. I'm ready for new mistakes...I know I'll make them...chalk it up to life experience and "move the fuck on".

Honesty was my resolution...Let's see how many feelings I can step on.

Happy New Year! I hope all my sweet little sprinkles are ticking along quite nicely!

3 comments:

  1. You certainly are more civil that I would've been. I'm more of the "move on and still talk shit about it" variety. What can I say? ;)

    I'm really hoping 2011 isn't a bitch. Cross your fingers with me?

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lor, at one time, I would have been of that variety...I guess this just goes to show how "over it" I really am? In fact, the ex and I are even friends still...well...we were...we'll see how things are after he signs the papers today, I reckon.

    Here's to 2011! *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete

Decorate a cupcake!